Eye Care Forum

36 and need cataract surgery

I've put off cataract surgery about as long as I can and have reached the point it can no longer wait. As of right now, I only see light and limited shapes with the right eye, the left is now starting to fail me. I've done a lot of research into the various IOL's that seem to be currently available but am still confused as to which would be the best choice. I've had two retinal detachment surgeries in my right eye and one in the left. The right eye has the scleral buckle which made my diopter -7.50 while the left eye is -5.50.

I wear contacts and hate glasses but at this point anything seems better than not seeing.

Can anyone offer some advice as to what my best options are?
I'm going to give you some very good advice.  You've already had enough eye problems for a lifetime.  For your cataract surgery, you should go with a monofocal aspheric implant such as the tecnis one piece, acrysof IQ, bausch and lomb aspheric monofocal implant.  I advise you stay away from a multifocal or accommodating implant.  Post again if you have a more specfic question about a particular implant.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.