Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Am I going blind?

I always had bad vision. I am near-sighted in my left eye and far-sighted in the other. Over the years I've worn glasses and contacts but I have lately, at the age 29, been experiencing a lot of issues such as: blurry vision, flashing, headaches, spotting, colors, when i close my eyes my left eye flashes reddish orange, swiggly lines, I have a bad time seeing. As of now I don't have no glasses or contacts, and i can't see even if i squint. what's going on? am i going blind? is surgery an option to correct vision? i been to the hospital which they didn't tell me much but i couldn't get color contacts. please help me, any suggestions or opions is welcome. Thank You
1 Responses
1573381 tn?1296151159
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You need a full dilated exam by an ophthalmologist.  Make an appointment.

HV
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.