Eye Care Forum

Amblyopia/Lasik

I am a 32 year old male with amblyopia in my left eye.  I had eye surgery twice when I was a kid.  I've worn eyeglasses off and on since then.  I had close to perfect eyesight on my right eye until a little over a year ago when I started having issues..  I have developed astigmatism and it seems that even with corrective lenses it is getting worse.  As you may understand I am very worried.  I need to know what my options are.  Can I get lasik surgery on my good eye alone.Is that an option ?
Lasik is likely not a good option if you only have one eye.  Go see a cornea specialist to make sure you don't have any corneal issues.  You may do well with a hard contact lens if your astigmatism is really high and glasses don't address it.  You need to have this discussion with an ophthalmologist though after a full exam.

HV
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.