Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
22k Members

Amblyopia and SAT's

I'm seventeen and i have Amblyopia,(i've worn nthe eye patch etc.. and my eyesight is as good as it's ever going to be), i recently got a 504 plan, because Amblyopia does qualify for you to recieve this usually, your best bet is to talk to her couselor about getting one, but do it as soon as possible it's better to get these things settled before it's cutting it to close to SAT's as well as any AP Exams, 504 plans do carry out into all classes, this has been helpful, because i've found that i always take longer on exams do to my Amblyopia, not because of my reading speed, I'm actually quite a speedy reader, but ever sinse i was young ,math has been harder due to my vision for what ever reason , particularly algebra etc.. where the eye has to pick up letters and #'s, and i get test anxiety because i take longer on exams in general, so having that extra time is nice even if i don't need to use it. Many people do not understand what Amblyopia is , and if you do not think a 504 plan is the best choice, have a meeting with your coucelor and discuss having an agreement with her teachers to have extra time, some teachers are fine with this and don't require a 504 plan, especially once they really understand what Amblyopia is. Also, 504 plans can carry into college if you wish, but it is not mandatory unless you want to include this info. on transcripts. Hope this helped.

This discussion is related to Amblyopia and reading speed.
1 Responses
233488 tn?1310693103
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
-
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.