Eye Care Community

Any cure or recommendation for optic nerve damage?

I had a optic nerve damage in my right eye when I was a kid (25 yrs ago). This was a result after an object got in to my eye pupil and damaged a part of it. However, I had a surgery back then and the vision wasn't really fixed but If I close my left eye  then i can see objects in the right part of my right eye but very blurring. I can almost sense it when it moves and etc. Anyway, I did follow up with some eye specialist after that and they advised me to wait for the technology. So I have seen any specialist in the past 8 years and I wonder if there is any fix for it yet? or any recommendation is appreciated?
Any other additional information is appreciated and I can be reached at zering.***@****

If you have damage in one eye and your are not having your "good" eye examined every year by an eye MD ophthalmologist then you are indeed foolish.

Where there are hopeful techniques that at some point in the future that may help (stem cell transplants, nano-technology, electronic retinas there is nothing right now that is widely available or that works for most people.

Best you try you best to keep you good eye healthy and in that you are deficient.

Find an eye MD at www.aao.org

JCH MD
Thanks Dr. Hagan for your input and I will proceed as you advised.
Good luck

JCH MD
Hi ,
I am from India and i have question regarding the optic nerve damage.
I have niece who is 16 yrs old now.She had catract operation when she was one month old.After that she was wearing glasses .
We are regularally having her eyes checked in our place as well as in Shankar netralaya ,Chennai, Inida which is very famous eye hospoital
Experts their says her optic nerve has damaged and there is no other way we can restore the eye vision for her.HSe has to be on medication lifelong. We feel she is loosing her vision slowely.They have told she has lost her vision in right eye and we have some hope on left eye now.Doctors say that the surgery can worsen her eye sight so there is no other way.

So kindly let us know is there any way that we can  get here eye sight back.Even if it is eye transplant we dont mind.

Kindly help us on this issue.

Umesh
Sorry can't answer that question as it requires an examination of the eye.

JCH MD
Thanks for the response ,is there any doctors you can refer here in India ?

OR anywhere if you can refer?

Umesh