Eye Care Community

Atypical Migraine??

Hi, I posted under eye care a few days ago. My symptoms started 5 or 6 days ago. I have been extremely dizzy, and feel as though my head is 'pulsing'. My eyesight 'quivers' as well-don't know what is causing it. Went to eye doc, said eyes looked good, and had CT scan done-all normal. I was feeling nauseated for a few days. He is sending me for a neuro consult next week just to be safe. He thinks it's an atypical migraine. Could an atypical migraine be lasting this long? Sometimes there's no pain, just dizziness, and extreme fatigue. No fever.
I have no significant health problems, I am 20 y.o female, normal weight etc.
Your age and good general health supports this being a migraine equivalent. The neurologist should give you the final peace of mind and if still symptomatic start you on an anti-migraine medication.  If you smoke stop, if you don't---do not start. Smoking + migraine = high risk of stroke.

JCH III MD