Eye Care Forum

Baby Iris or Cornea Shape Malformed or Shrinking?

My baby is 15 months old. When he was born he had a funny iris shape. I could see that his eye color changed to brown, but the very bottom of his iris and the very top of the iris remained blue. Now the entire outside line of the eye/iris is blue and the inside is brown. It is like his cornea is shrinking or something. What could this possibly be?
Have your child examined by a pediatric ophthalmologist to be sure that there is no problem.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.