Beef Blood Splashed in Eye

Yesterday I was putting my cornbeef into the pot to cook and some of the blood from the package splashed into my eye. I didn't think to wash it out and this morning, when I woke up, my eye was swollen and very sore to the touch. It hurts every time I blink and I have a headache. It seems to be the corner of my eye closest to my temple and the upper and lower lids are swollen and red. Is it possible to get an infection from the raw blood? Should I see a Dr. or wait it out? I do not have insurance so if you have any suggestions of things I can do over the counter or from home, it would greatly help. Should I be worried? I've seen pictures of people getting maggots in their eyes...should I be concerned (as silly as that sounds)? Any help is greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing your responses.
Read more
Follow - 1
Upvote - 0
I suppose it is possible to get an infection from meat.  I would be very surprised though.  Given your symptoms however, it is important to go see an ophthalmologist.  You can call and price compare in advance and ask them how much they charge without insurance so you don't get overcharged for a visit.