Blind spot in right eye

I recently noticed that the vision of my right eye seems a bit off. If I blink my eye I see a rather huge round grayisch spot in my vision of my right eye. If I lift my finger in front of my eye it basically becomes invisible behind that spot. If there is a lot of light I can still see my finger and almost don't see the spot but in darker places it is really irritating.
What could that be? I hope nothing serious.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It sounds like macular degeneration. There is a lot of information on the subject on the internet, complete with illustrations, etc.
Helpful - 0
It would surprise me if I had it. I eat a lot of leafy veggies, loads of omega-3 fatty acids(salmon, tuna), do a lot of exercise, am male, don't smoke, am lean and way under 60. I'm not the typical risk group.
At least I hope I don't have. That seems like a serious disease.
Helpful - 0
See an ophthalmologist ASAP.  The risks you mention add to your genetic risks.

Dr. O.
Helpful - 0
You should see a doctor at once. Whatever it is, it could spread to your whole eye and possibly brain.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community