Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.9k Members

Blotchy Areas in Visual Field when tilting/moving head Terrified

I really recently just started to notice this. I am terrified it is some sort of retinal detachment or something. I am a 25 year old male with healthy eyes as of summer 2014 (last ophthalmologist appt) I have noticed in various nooks and crannies of my vision I get this heat wave..blotchy...distortion...kind of like the kind of distortion if your pressing on your eye...for example taking your index fingers to each lower eye lid at the outer corner and just gently press....it is that almost EXACTLY...only all I have to do is freaking tilt mu head to see that.....that sort of purple blurriness. I know what I am seeing is NOT the natural blind spots we all have. I am aware of those and I have migraine auras from time to time and these don't look like those either....they appear only when Im nodding/tilting/or shaking my head. I am honestly totally freaked out. It is a Saturday evening so the earliest I could make an appointment is Monday and even then it could be awhile by the time they squeeze me in. Does this sound like something that is an emergency situation?? Should I be hitting the ER??
1 Responses
177275 tn?1511758844
It is not typical of a RD.  Symptoms of RD  sudden onset of showers of sooty floaters, bright flashes light lightening in the eye and complete loss of part of peripheral vision. You do need to see an ophthalmologist but your symptoms don't suggest the need for an expensive visit to ER (where usually there is no ophthalmologist and they tell you to see an ophthalmologist Monday).  JCH MD
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.