Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Blurry Eye When Covering With One Hand

Hi,

I don't wear glasses and I have no vision issues when using both eyes. However I did a random test a few days ago and I noticed that from afar my right eye (when covering my left eye) is weaker and a little blurry from afar. 6ft away I can only see big letters but when I look at things or read close up it doesn't seem to be blurry. I will go see an optometrist, however, I have been really stressed out and I was just wondering if this is something more grave to worry about. I don't have headaches, dizziness or anything else alarming.

P.S. I noticed that right after I wake up the blurriness disappears almost entirely. Any advice would be appreciated.
1 Responses
2078052 tn?1331936700
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
The optometrist will do a refraction, to see if the blurriness is due to uncorrected refractive error (astigmatism, nearsightedness, or farsightedness).  The proper correction placed in front of the right eye should restore 20/20 vision.  If not, then you need to see an ophthalmologist for a comprehensive exam, including dilation.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.