Eye Care Community

Bump on my eyeball

I have a bump on my left eyeball on the "nose side" of the white part of my eye.  It was NOT there 2 days ago.  It does NOT hurt, itch, burn, feel dry, or anything else.  I notice no change in my vision.  It has lots of red veins coming off of it.  It is a good size.  It also appears as though there is a "white cloud" going from the bump to the colored part of my eye and starting to go around about 1/3 of it.  I do NOT spend a lot of time outside.  What do you think it could be?
If you wear contacts most likely irritation from the contacts. If you do not wear contacts most common cause pingueculitis or episcleritis.  You likely need to see an ophthalmologist so I would get on the phone now and get in for a Dx and Rx.

JCH MD
I have an appointment for tomorrow.  I do not wear contacts and I do not have "dry" eyes.  It wasn't there a few days ago, and now it is.  Thus, my concern.  Thank you for the advice.
If you have time let us know what it is JCH MD
The diagnosis of the bump on my eye is pinguecula.  I was unaware that I had dry eyes, which is what he said is the cause.  They don't "feel" dry.  It is irritated, thus the redness.  He said I will need eye drops and nightly ointment.  That is the least of my worries.  Thank goodness I went in for that bump.  The doctor discovered that I am at risk for angle-closure glaucoma.  He is recommending Laser Iridotomy.  Does anyone know about this procedure?
laser peripheral iridotomy is done in eyes that are abnormally short (farsighted) where the potential exists for the peripheral iris to block fluid leaving the front of the eye causing either acute glaucoma, chronic angle closure or intermittent angle closure.

It's generally a simple procedure. I did one Wednesday took about 5 minutes.

This problem is extremely common in Asians and Eskamoes.  

JCH MD
Being Hawaiian and Chinese... that explains it :)  I will most likely be having it done soon.  Thank you for the input and thoughts.  This was a great site for quick, solid information.
Be sure to tell your family as in Asians with a family history its even more common. They should be checked.