CSCR and Androgel

I was originally diagnosed with Central Serous Choroidopathy in 2006.  After several months of vision problems, my opthamologist performed laser surgery.  Vision improved.  In March 2010 when having annual vision check, discovered that it had recurred  - and with a vengence.  while there was no active leaks, the damage had been done.  I now have a significant (at least to me) blind spot in that eye.  It is bothersome, and hopefully I will get use to it.  My question is, shortly after I began Testosterone Replacement Therapy and am using Androgel daily.  Is this an issue that I should be concerned with in regards to the CSCR?  Or is it really corticosteriods that are a problem?  This a concern to me since I have noticed a significant improvment in my overall general well being since using Androgel.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have seen one patient develop macular edema in both eyes with testosterone patches.  The edema resolved after stopping the testosterone.

Dr. O.
Helpful - 0
would there be similar cause and effect to CSCR?  Even if CSCR was present prior to androgen therapy?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Forum

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.