Eye Care Community

Can Nevus of ota inside the eye be treated similar to brown spots inside the white part of the eye?

I have an eye condition called blue sclera/nevus of ota since birth (There are too many names for it). My left eye condition is exactly the same as this image:

http://akimichi.homeunix.net/~emile/aki/html/medical/Image/blue-sclera-1.jpeg

My eyes are actually quite healthy and I have 20/20 vision. I don’t have any of the following symptoms
• Pseudoxanthoma elasticum  
• Osteogenesis imperfecta
• Ehlers-danlos syndrome
• Marfan's syndrome

I was wondering can nevus of ota inside the eye be treated similar to brown spot inside the eye eg: under some sort of eye surgery to regain the white part of the eye again, if so how much do they normally cost?  

I am not aware of anything that can be done to improve the cosmetic appearance of your eye. You might want to make an appointment at the a University Medical School departmentn of ophthalmology.

JCH MD
After a few hours of googling, I actually found this Korean journal article:

ftp://210.101.116.16/kiss6/14808455.pdf

that can improve the cosmetic appearance of my eye see page 2 for more details (I cant read Korean but the image actually looks promising though and there are some English descriptions in pg 4). Should I email them to see how this procedure is being done?
I could not open that link. If you are still interested in researching this sure e mail them.

JCH MD
Try this link:

http://210.101.116.107/kos/JournalSearch_index.asp?year=2006&page=996&vol=47&iss=6

and click on the acrobat reader icon.

Since I dont live in America, I cant really past this journal article to the University Medical School department of ophthalmology but do you think is worthwhile to send this article to them so they can do further studies on it and hopefully this type of surgery can be available world wide? If so do you have an email address which I can use to contact them?
That works. Looks like just what you're looking for. There is a fax # and an e mail address on that page.

JCH MD
After reading that little paragraph, it kinda kept me wondering.... what exactly is scleral painting (does that mean they will paint the sclera white??)  and scleral allograft transplantation??