Eye Care Community

Can Ophthalmic Prednisolone Acetate EYE DROPS CAUSE VERY STUFFY NOSE?

I recently finished my cataract surgery (had first eye done in early December 2015 and 2nd eye done about a week ago). One of the eye drops I was prescribed to take by my eye doctor is Ophthalmic Prednisolone Acetate eye drops. I am to take this quite frequently for 6 weeks. I took it for 6 weeks for my right eye and started taking it about a week ago for my left eye. I am also taking other eye drops. Since taking these I seem to have developed a VERY stuffy nose and currently can essentially not breathe out of it.

I did some searching on the internet and found this:

http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/rxlist_view_comments.asp?drug=pred%20forte&questionid=fdb8564_pem

"Pred Forte User Reviews"
"I just recently had Lasik done. This medication gave me a stuffy nose. Everytime I use it I cant breath out of my nose. I had to purchase nasal decongestion spray! I have to use the spray everytime I put the drops in my eyes. "

Note, Pred Forte is another name for Ophthalmic Prednisolone Acetate

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pred+Forte&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

I know this is just a comment but can my stuffy nose problem be caused by this. I am looking for an expert's opinion. Thanks.
Not common, not likely. Steroids are commonly used by nasal spray for very stuffy noses due to allergies. E.G. Flonase. There are preservatives in PF. If you're really concerned your surgeon can use a different steroid but they will be much more expensive.   JCHMD