Eye Care Community
22k Members

Can blunt force trauma cause "Lazy Eye"?

When I was three, I was struck in the left side of my head VERY hard. I had a bruise on the left side of my face and a swollen eye for over a week. Now that I'm older, I have severely impaired vision in my left eye. (20/20 vision in my right eye, 20/400 vision in my left) Eye doctors think it's just lazy eye. But I'm a bit skeptical. Could there be a connection?

Also, is it possible to be repaired or reversed?
I doubt the head injury would take years ot develop a symptom in eye vision.  I think "lazy eye" can be treated with eye therapy.. exercise....ask your doctor.  Surprised the doctor didn't make any corrective recommendations. You may want ot consider seeing another doctor.