Eye Care Community

Can sinusitis cause burning eyes?

can sinusitis cause burning red eyes?
yes and so can the medications taken to dry the sinus' up; they dry the eye also
JCH MD
Thankyou very much doctor..!
i have mucosal thickening in my right posterior ethmoid sinus and might right eye burns the most as compared to the left. Could the mucous be the reason?
And what could be the other line of treatment apart from treating the sinus?
mucosal thicking of the sinus lining is very very common and does not always represent clinical sinus disease. There are so many causes of eyes burning that they can't all be listed. Far and away the most common cause is "dry eyes" also known as "tears dysfunction syndrome". You should see an ophthalmologist.

JCH MD
i know. Its stated chronic in my case.
Been to several ophthalmologists. As per all of them its allergies.
Oral antihistamines dont seem to work. Only thing works is a mast cell stabiliser cromolyn sodium which reduces syptoms. But doesnt cure permanently.