Thank you for reading my message.
I had blurry vision in my right eye for the past few months. Had my yearly eye exam on Monday and the OCT showed pigment epithelial detachment. Was referred to a Retinal Specialist who I saw today. He did a fluorescence angiography and gave me a diagnosis of Central Serous Retinopathy. I have been prescribed Spironolactone for 6 weeks (once per day for 3 days and 2 per day after that) and will see him again after that. I have summarized the Retinal Specialist's comments during my visit today as below :
1) There is a 65 % chance of recovery after the medication.
2) He recommended against wait and watch and said if there is no improvement or the fluid accumulation under the retina gets worse after 6 weeks of Spironolactone, laser treatments will have to be done.
3) The blurriness in the right eye might take time to resolve or will probably never resolve to 20/20 vision like I previously had.
4) There is a chance of recurrence in both eyes. He said excessive stress is a trigger and the condition is inherited.
1) Has anyone received treatment for CSR? What was your response?
2) I would be grateful for any comments or advice on managing CSR.