Eye Care Community

Chronic red eyes that’s won’t go away

In the begining of june my eyes were kind of itchy and red and there would be discharge in the corner of my eye and it was very hard to open my eyes so i went to the eye docter they told me I had dry eye but after I took the eye drops they were doing aboaoluly notning for me so I went to another eye docter who told me I had conjunctivitis I get the drops for my eyes for that still nothing and then I went to another eye docter he told me I had a bad inflammation and that it was not conjunctivitis so he gave me a steroid sterile eye drop and that did work I took that for 2 weeks and it did take away the Ichiness and grittness in my eye and the discharge in the corner of my eye and then I stoped taking it after two weeks which was recommended by the docter but now it came back and all the symptoms are back I have red (bloodshot eyes) and also in the morning I cannot open my eyes, there also get worse in the morning and at night they seem to subside a little bit during the day has anyone ever had this issue ??
My office is filled with people that have complaints like that. Today perhaps 2-3 the problem is there are many causes: ocular surface disorder, systemic eye disease, eyelid problems, etc.  You have to work through the many possible causes with an Eye MD ophthalmologist.  If available one that specializes in cornea/external disease.