Clear,Long,Stringy Goo in Eye Constantly

Hi, I am 31 and as long as I can remember I have had problems with my eyes. Througout the day I have to wash out eyes, out my fingers in eye to remove the stuff- I know this can't be good but it happens so often I have to. It is clear, and runs in the bottom of eye, on eye, top of inside eye, long stringy goo. I can lightly wet a cutip- put in inside corner of eye and spin. The stuff goes from top to bottom. It is such an irritant. What could this be- I went to dr before and they said it was allergies. All the time I dont think so. I have really long eyelashes could that have something to do with it. I cant even wear makeup because it makes much more stuff in eye. Please any advice will help.
I too have all of these symptoms and it's really getting me down. Sometimes I'll be driving to work and my eye will blur. It goes away if I blink a few times but of course comes back until I can wash out or clear the goo from the corner or lower lid of my eye. I get bags under my eyes too from all the constant searching and pullling around the lids. My eyes are always uncomfortable. I get headaches most days. I am now finding that my right eye is really sensitive to light - especially from TV and laptop etc.
One worrying thing that is making me wonder if this is hereditary: my 7 year old son has just described the exact same symptoms as me. I didn't get this until a couple of years ago!
If anybody can provide any long term help or relief suggestions I would be really pleased.
I too have this problem and it is so irritating. My eyes always feel weirdly wet. I use q-tips,kleenex, and sometimes my fingers or shirt to get this clear stringy goo out of my eye. I really hate when it gets on my eye and everything goes blury. About 2 months ago I went to the ER because I had something in my eye, the nurse was like what is that gel stuff in your eye. I said I don't know you tell me. I have had it as long as I can remember, anybody finds a way to make it stop let me know please.
I'm 15 and I have this problem. I'm all ways itching my eyes because it feel like theres an eyelash or somthing. But it's those white long stringy things. My friends think I'm weird because of it.
OMG I WAS SCARED TO TELL ANYBODY ABOUT THIS!
i thought i was the only person!! it gets that bad i cant even watch a film im constantly messin with my eyes and it gets really saw and red raw!! its actualy satisfies me now to get it out but 2 mins later ive got my fingers in my eyes!!!! please help!! its ruining my life literaly!!!
Restasis

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community