Clear,Long,Stringy Goo in Eye Constantly

Hi, I am 31 and as long as I can remember I have had problems with my eyes. Througout the day I have to wash out eyes, out my fingers in eye to remove the stuff- I know this can't be good but it happens so often I have to. It is clear, and runs in the bottom of eye, on eye, top of inside eye, long stringy goo. I can lightly wet a cutip- put in inside corner of eye and spin. The stuff goes from top to bottom. It is such an irritant. What could this be- I went to dr before and they said it was allergies. All the time I dont think so. I have really long eyelashes could that have something to do with it. I cant even wear makeup because it makes much more stuff in eye. Please any advice will help.
you need to take silica from health shop,it will help stop the mucus build up,by stopping you producing it,also take 1 allergy tablet in morning take few days to kick in does work!
I have this problem frequently. I am sixteen years old and have worn glasses my entire life. I only started wearing contacts when I was twelve. I've been to the eye doctor multiple times with this and each time I am told my eyes have built up an allergic reaction to my contacts. I've had this many times since I was 15 and it keeps coming back. I've changed my contact brand multiple times. They try and blame it that I over wear my contacts and sleep in them; I only wear them a day each and NEVER sleep in them. Each time I am given Pred Forte drops to make the "eye goo" go away. It works for a while, but a few weeks/ months later it's back. I wish it would go away!! If any of you find something that permanently relieves this please let me know! thanks.
This actually has a name. It is called 'mucus-fishing syndrome.'. It usually begins with some kind of real eye irritation, but in some people it takes on a life of its own, kind of an obsessive-compulsive thing.  In general, curing ti. seems to require an eye doc to quiet down the eye irritation--plus a psychologist's or psychiatrist's help for the emotional compulsion.

Here is more info:

http://www.drmalcolmmckellar.co.nz/mucous-fishing-syndrome.html
Your info will be my first real attack on eye goo issue. I'll report back txs. I feel good about at least trying your method and pleazz hope it works for me! KT
You can also use a variation of ilovelucy's suggestion and create the salt water mixture and use an eye dropper to drop a few drops of the solution in your eyes.  However, it is important you create a new solution every day so the solution doesn't grow bacteria.  Good luck!
Argh...now i realize i'm not the only one that always try to stick my finger into my eyes to pull out the stringy white goo. I'm 32 and i started to have this problem for almost 3 years, where i started to have this when i was working oversea (UK), and carry this back to my home country (Malaysia) till now.
As anyone else here did, i went to so many eye specialists and i've been hearing from the doctor that my eyes are healthy, pressure okay, might be allergy with shampoo/skincare, nothing serious in particular, just my eyes a bit dry. I was given lots of eye lybricants, oinment, drops, sterile drops...etc etc and still the problem persists.
My last visit to eye specialist was 4 weeks ago, where this time the doctor actually introduce a new term 'Mucus Fishing Syndrome' which achillea keep posting previously, and he gave me 2 eye drops, Allergan Relestat Sterile drop to put day and night, and Systane Balance lubricant eye drop to put during the days whenever needed.
However, the above drops don't seem to resolve the problem yet, but it does make my eyes feel more relief and less stingy.
I can't wear contact lens now because the mucus will be generated so frequently and it feels like eyelashes/stuffs stuck in my eyes that forces me to pull out my contacts. :( My eyes are so baggy and so sore most of the times now.
Do share if anyone have tried out new remedies that works.

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community