Eye Care Forum

Colorful, moving liquid in corner of eye

I am a 58 year old female who had cataract surgery on both eyes four years ago.  The right eye had to have a hole in the retina corrected with laser before the surgery, and the left eye had to have laser treatment a couple years after the surgery to remove a film as a result of the surgery.  The current problem I am now experiencing is rather hard to explain, and it has only happened a couple of times.  In the outside corner of my right eye I sometimes see a moving colorful liquid, looking sort of like a drop of oil in water.  No matter what direction I look, the moving liquid is still there, and it can happen at any time of day or night.  There is no pain involved, and it stops within a few minutes.  It has never happened in my left eye.  I have not yet seen my eye doctor about this problem.  By the way, I have MS and do suffer with periodic blurry vision and double vision which is prevented by a prism in my current glasses.  Any ideas what this could be?  
With your multiple sclerosis you need to see an eye physician (ophthalmologist) annually. You need to see one soon to evaluate this. As part of your exam you need color vision tested each eye separately, Amsler Grid test, visual field and dilated retina examination.

Remember MS affects the eyes in about 70% of MS patients and begins in the eyes in about 40%

JCH III MD
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.