Eye Care Forum

Computer glasses - Tinting and AR

I am a 12-hour per day computer user - and would really like to get some nice computer glasses. I have read that AR is a must, and a lot of sites speak highly of tinting to reduce blue light.

How can I ensure that I am buying the best Anti-reflective coating? Using proper chemicals and processes.

Is tinting really effective for making the computer screen more bearable? What color tinting / saturation would be the best? Is melanin coating a myth?

Thank you for any help! Please let me know if you have any computer or web development questions.
I'm sorry but I am not an optician but a medical doctor.  The main thing you need to do in order to reduce your eyestrain is take lots of breaks from the computer and frequently use artificial tears.  You may need to go to an optical forum to help with your optical questions.  To be honest, from my perspective as an ophthalmologist, the color of your glasses or anti-reflective coating is not going to make your eyes feel better, but maybe make the screen look a little more clear.  It is the hours on the computer, barely blinking your eyes that will make them tired, sore and blurry.  I still think it is fine to talk to some excellent opticians and try whatever they think is best for you regarding the glasses.  It won't hurt anything to try something new.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.