Eye Care Community

Congenital Ptosis Issue

hello, i am 19 and have a Congenital Ptosis condition in my right eye. I am left eye dominate because of it which can cause issues because im right handed. I have been considering surgery to correct the cosmetic issues and hopefully the dominate eye problem. so I guess my question is... will getting the sugery help me with anything besides the cosmetic look? and if i dont get the sugery will the condition of my right eye be at risk for other things? and also how much does a sugery like this typically cost? because i simply dont have thousands of dollers for surgery...

Ptosis surgery will not make your eye look or act normal. It may improve the appearance some. Congential ptosis is much more difficult to fix than acquired ptosis. There is a much higher than normal incidence of reduced vision (amblyopia) in the eye under a ptotic lid. Hiking the like up will not help you see better (assuming is high enough now to see out of )

I cannot give you any cost estimates. But you are looking at probably at least $2000 maybe more.

JCH MD