Congenital cataract removal in old person
I am 70 years old.
The sight through my right eye ha# always been very blurred. I can make out shapes but no details and have no distance vision.   Recently an optician told me I had a congenital cataract but that there was no point in removing it as my vision would never return. It needed to be removed when I was a child.    
The problem is that I find sunlight and the headlights of cars very difficult  to cope with. I don5 drive at night because of the glare.  
If I had the cataract removed would this stop the glare?  
Also would I be abl3 to see better?
If you are 70 years old the likelihood is that you have a cataract also in your left side also and that is what is causing the night glare. A congential cataract is by definition present since birth. So if you were able to drive comfortably in your teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, etc then it is not the cause.   Likely your RE has the aforementioned congential cataract but also a nuclear aging cataract also.   In a situation like this I would usually operate on the 'bad eye" first.  The eye has amblyopia and has never seen normal however by removing the aging and congential cataract the sugery may reduce glare, improve night vision, improve peripheral vision in that eye.  Moreover it will be far less stressful for you since it's your "bad eye" and sometimes the surgeon learns something on the first eye that helps make the second eye safer or more successful. Better learn on the 'bad eye".  That is the way I would approach the problem and I would recommend you seek out the best surgeon you can find in your community or within driving distance.