Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.9k Members

Considering laser eye surgery?

Hi, i'm thinking about having laser eye surgery and have been doung some reading up about it.  Has anyone had complications with lasik and regret having it? and what is wavefront worth it?
11 Responses
Both have complications like dry eye,halos,infections etc,both are permanently imprinting your glass prescription on your cornea.
THANK YOU FOR ASKING,  AS A LIFETIME HIGH MYOPIA PERSON, WHO IS SELF CONSCIOUS ABOUT MY OWN 'THICK' GLASSES, I STILL SAY A LOUD NO.  DO NOT PERFORM ANY UNNESSESARY PROCEEDURES NO MATTER HOW SAFE IT IS OR HOW GOOD THE DR IS.  UNLESS THERE IS A MEDICAL REASON AS "THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN SEE" THEN DONT!!  YOU CAN FIND NIGHTMARE STORIES OUT THERE- EVEN IF IT IS ONLY 2% DONT BE ONE OF THEM. YOU,, WHAT IS YOUR RX THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO CORRECT? YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY WILL BE HAPPY TO CONTINUE LOVING AND ACCEPTING YOU IN GLASSES OR CONTACTS.  WRITE BACK FOR MORE.. CIAO, MARSHALL
I too strongly agree with marsh613 opinion,do not consider refractive surgeries.

233488 tn?1310696703
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
The steady growth of LASIK and other refractive procedures and many many polls that ask if these patients are "happy" -----and they are indicate that lasik is a very satisfying, very safe procedure for MOST people. Nothing in life and medicine is totally risk free.

See two refractive surgeons for opinions about lasik on your eyes. Then make you choice. Remember this eyecare forum attracts UNHAPPY people with eye problems. The happy lasik patients don't come here to crow about this wonderful success.

Find a referactive surgeon near you at www.aao.org

JCH MD
I had lasik years ago when it was still new. Never regret it. Got rid of my thick glasses. I remembered fumbling for my glasses first thing when i woke up.  The side effects were starburst and poor night vision. But it got better over time which could be due to my myopia regressing and now stabilised at -1.75.  Which is cool as i have excellent near vision. My retina was torn not too long ago, which was laser treated. I think it was bound to happen being highly myopic. Some of my friends and collegues had lasik too and i am amazed how different they look without their glasses. More cool and more confident. I think Lasik technology has progresses so much that myopia can now be easily and safely corrected.        
233488 tn?1310696703
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
-
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.