Eye Care Community

Continued Eye redness

At the end of August I caught bacterial pinkeye in 1 eye but even though the infection went away my eyes have stayed red (redness started in both eyes on day 5).  I've been on 3 different antibiotic drops (1 with steroids) and a steroid-only drop.  The redness goes partially away, but never completely.  There's no itching, swelling, or discharge with the redness.  Every eye exam has turned up nothing physically wrong.

My theory is that I was allergic to the first med I was on (infection and redness went away after day 3, redness resumed day 5), and this caused a varicose vein to form in the blood vessels leading to both of my eyes.  Could this (or another theory) explain why my eyes won't stay white?  Any suggestions?
No your theories are wrong and incorrect.  If you have had several eye exams by competent ophthalmologists and optometrists and nothing serious found its likely there is nothing seriously wrong with your eye.  For over a hundred years people have been buying "eye whiteners" like Visine and Murine because they think their eyes are too red.  Over use of these products themselves cause redness (rebound redness).  The most common cause of chronic red eyes is dry eyes but that is usually both eyes.  

JCH MD