Eye Care Forum

Cornea Scarring

I had lasik surgery on both eyes in Dec. 2005.  My right eye is 20/20.  The left eye was 20/40.  I wanted to improve the left eye so I would not have to wear glasses, or a contact.  I underwent a PRK surgery in Dec. 2008.  It left me with what the doctor calls a herpetic PRK post scarring.  My left eye has scarred cornea now.  I see a lot of black spots out of a foggy eye.  My doctor is exploring a possible wavefront PRK.  He has never done one.  He is also exploring an epithelial laser scrape.  I am concerned and afraid.  Is there a safe way to remove the fog and scarring from my eye?
Get a second opinion from another cornea specialist.  Prefferably one with a lot of experience and possibly working at a top notch academic institution.  Not something to mess around with.

HV
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.