Eye Care Community

Dense Cataract

Hi,  Just got diagnosis as follows:
Dense Cataract. Vitreous haemorrhage.
S/P Emulsification with posterior chanson intraocular lens implant.  
Pars plana vitrectomy membrane peeling

Any tips from the community?  Thanks!!!
You are going to need to provide more details to get useful information. For instance if you are S/P (status post or after) emulsification (phacoemulsification) with posterior chamber IOL you will not have a "dense cataract" beccause you've already had cataract surgery.   Are you talking about problems all in one eye or both? Which eye has what problem? What was recommended to you?   JCH MD
I see.  Thanks.  Only right eye.  It's my dad's and he was diagnosed overseas.  All he can say now is that he barely sees anything in his right eye.  He is 84.  I am getting a sense that he has practically lost his vision in that eye, and the cataract operation was probably just a matter of putting a new lens in a blind eye.
Current prescription:
Zymar eye drops 0.3% 5ml Gatifloxacin 1 drop every 2 hrs.
Pred Forte eye drops 1% Prednisolone Acetate 1 drop every 2hrs.
Alphagan P eye drops 0.1 Brimonidine 1 drop 3x/day.
Cetamid tablet 250mg Acetazolamide 1/2 tab every 6hrs.
one is antibiotic, another a steroid and the other glaucoma. Sounds like really bad problems with poor prognosis. Concentrate on save the other eye and consider independent second opinions.
thanks much John.  appreciate the quick inputs.  all Greek to me and now have a better sense.  thanks kindly again.
=
Best of luck. Find out if any of the conditions put you at increased risk (such as primary open angle glaucoma)