Eye Care Forum

Do I always have to wear my glasses?

I mainly wear my glasses for school when i have to see what the teacher's doing in the front of the room and for movies etc. I recently had an eye exam and my doctor said my scores were lower than last time because i'm not wearing my glasses 24/7 and my eyes are getting damaged from that or whatever. I wanted to know if I really have to wear them 24/7. By the way, i'm near-sighted but i'm not so bad as where I have to wear them or I can't see anything or my hand in front of my face is blurry. Details are just blurry from a small distance. I have to agree that my eyesight did worsen a lil' bit. I don't want to wear them all the time but i'm not sure if i would damage my eyes if I didn't wear them. I would actually prefer a person that is knowledgeable about optometry to answer my question. Thank you.
You do not always need to wear your glasses. It is not true regarding vision problems by not wearing your glasses.
Best wishes,
Timothy D. McGarity, Medical Doctor, Ophthalmologist
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.