Eye Care Community

Dry eye following doctors visits.

Hi,  I am 34 yr old female.  I have been wearing contact lenses for 20 years.  I went to a routine eye exam october of 2014.  I was given the glacoma drops, i was NOT given sunglasses and I drove home by covering my left eye. Ever since then my right eye had pain numbness and dryness.  I was told to use thera tears and switch my saline solution to optifree replenish.  In april, my right eye was still bothering me so i went back to the eye dr.  my right eye was not scratched or damaged, but dry.  The doctor used  Bauch and Lomb Fluorescein sodium benoxinate in both eyes.  The next morning i woke up with dryness in my left eye,  now i have to use thera tears in both eyes.  My left eye was perfectly fine before this last visit.  The doctor thinks it was just a coincidence.  Any advice?  Where can i report this?  Thank you, Beth
I assume that when you say eye doctor, you are referring to an optometrist (OD) -- they are qualified to examine eyes, prescribe glasses, and screen for eye disease.  The next step is to see an opthamologist -- an MD who can treat eye disorders and disease.  They can do a more comprehensive evaluation and offer several treatments for dry eye. If you live in the U.S. and have health insurance, the visit may be covered.  Ask about this when you make an appointment.  Good luck!