Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.8k Members

Dry eye following doctors visits.

Hi,  I am 34 yr old female.  I have been wearing contact lenses for 20 years.  I went to a routine eye exam october of 2014.  I was given the glacoma drops, i was NOT given sunglasses and I drove home by covering my left eye. Ever since then my right eye had pain numbness and dryness.  I was told to use thera tears and switch my saline solution to optifree replenish.  In april, my right eye was still bothering me so i went back to the eye dr.  my right eye was not scratched or damaged, but dry.  The doctor used  Bauch and Lomb Fluorescein sodium benoxinate in both eyes.  The next morning i woke up with dryness in my left eye,  now i have to use thera tears in both eyes.  My left eye was perfectly fine before this last visit.  The doctor thinks it was just a coincidence.  Any advice?  Where can i report this?  Thank you, Beth
1 Responses
I assume that when you say eye doctor, you are referring to an optometrist (OD) -- they are qualified to examine eyes, prescribe glasses, and screen for eye disease.  The next step is to see an opthamologist -- an MD who can treat eye disorders and disease.  They can do a more comprehensive evaluation and offer several treatments for dry eye. If you live in the U.S. and have health insurance, the visit may be covered.  Ask about this when you make an appointment.  Good luck!
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.