Eye Care Community

Emergency if 8y after Lasik, eye hurts on n off when waking up/after exercise?

Is it an absolute urgency (go immediately to the emergency room - it's 2:17am) if 8 years after Lasik, always after intense exercise, my right eye (which always felt like it had an air bubble after surgery and seemed to be painfully "sucked" by the eyelid at times) is hurting on and off the last few weeks, gets kind of red and blurry for distance and kind of improves back? I'm also seeing some floaters, no terribly so, but I do, and saw as if my eye was a lens falling for a microssecond but it got back quickly. It stopped hurting now. I also have been waking up with pain in the front part of the exterior layer of this eye.

I took 20-30ml of blood from my veins to lower my blood pressure, right now, which helped stop the pain in my tempora and eye.

These symptoms are happening right now, but I just got the floaters and no pain anymore now.
STOP taking your blood. Removing 20-30 ML will have no effect on your blood pressure when you have greater than 5 liters of blood. No you don't need to go to an ER for you eye symptoms but you do need to get in to see an ophthalmologist as soon as possible for an eye exam. Your problem hurting when you wake up raises the possibility of a 'recurrent corneal erosion'. Use the search feature and archives and read about that. Try using a lubricating GEL or lubricating ointment in your eyes at bedtime and artificial tears on awakening.  And stop taking your blood.