Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.9k Members

Eye Nevus

Hi, I have grey spots in the white parts of my eye.  I have had them for sometime now and recently have gotten a few more.  Is there anyway to have these removed by laser surgery or other method; if so, who would perform this type of procedure?  I realize that this would be cosmetic surgery and I would only like to get rid of those that are visual.  Some that are under my eyelid do not bother me, just the ones that are noticeable.  I have visited an eye doctor for the last 14 years concerning this problem but with all the technology today there still doesn't seem to be any revelant updates or solutions that I know of for this problem.  
3 Responses
233488 tn?1310696703
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
If you are over 50 the grey spots may be thinning of the sclera or scleral plaques. These are nomal aging changes of the eye. They cannot be removed. If you have been concerned about these for  14 years and haven't got an answer from your "eye doctor" then go to a highly qualified Eye MD physician (ophthalmologist) to get a diagnosis. If it's on your conjuctiva it might possibly be removed.'

JCH III MD
I'm in my early 30's.  I have had a few since grade school.  The physican that exams me is a ophthalmologist.  She says that it appears to be at the very surface top layer only.  They are  light grey in color.  She describes it as also looking like a pepper sprinkling, but that she's never had anyone else come to her with that problem before me.  Does that sounds like conjunctiva?  If so, who would be the type of professional to remove it?
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Doesn't sound that unusual to me. I would get a second opinion from another Eye MD.

JCH III MD
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.