Eye Care Community

Eye Nevus

Hi, I have grey spots in the white parts of my eye.  I have had them for sometime now and recently have gotten a few more.  Is there anyway to have these removed by laser surgery or other method; if so, who would perform this type of procedure?  I realize that this would be cosmetic surgery and I would only like to get rid of those that are visual.  Some that are under my eyelid do not bother me, just the ones that are noticeable.  I have visited an eye doctor for the last 14 years concerning this problem but with all the technology today there still doesn't seem to be any revelant updates or solutions that I know of for this problem.  
If you are over 50 the grey spots may be thinning of the sclera or scleral plaques. These are nomal aging changes of the eye. They cannot be removed. If you have been concerned about these for  14 years and haven't got an answer from your "eye doctor" then go to a highly qualified Eye MD physician (ophthalmologist) to get a diagnosis. If it's on your conjuctiva it might possibly be removed.'

JCH III MD
I'm in my early 30's.  I have had a few since grade school.  The physican that exams me is a ophthalmologist.  She says that it appears to be at the very surface top layer only.  They are  light grey in color.  She describes it as also looking like a pepper sprinkling, but that she's never had anyone else come to her with that problem before me.  Does that sounds like conjunctiva?  If so, who would be the type of professional to remove it?
Doesn't sound that unusual to me. I would get a second opinion from another Eye MD.

JCH III MD