Eye Care Forum

Eye Surgery Side Effects

found out back in January 2009 I had a hole in my retina.  It was repaired, and then I developed a cataract, which my surgeon told me would likely happen.  He and my regular opthamologist didn't want to take it out right away, they said it needed to "ripen," so to speak. My eye was a bit droopy after the first surgery.

This past May (2010) I had the cataract out.  Now my eye is even more droopyl it's pretty much half- way shut.  Is there anyway to treat this?  Is the drooping from having keloid skin therefore, scar tissue? The affected eye is now only half-open compared to the more healthy eye, and it's starting to interfere with my sight in that eye.  The eye also gets dryer than it use to.
Dear Mjaikman,

I would recommend that you speak with your eyeMD about the droopiness. If it does not resolve by about 6 months, you might want to consider surgical eyelid lift.  

Dr. Feldman

Sandy T. Feldman, M.D., M.S.
ClearView Eye and Laser Medical Center
San Diego, California

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.