Eye Care Community

Eye drops for swollen eyelid

I want diquafosol eye drop for my swollen upper eyelid after my laser cataract surgery last april 16, 2015.  Please help me.  I hope you can relieve the painful eye and discomfort. Feeling something object inside my right eye. Help help help.
diquafosol is an eyedrop for dry eyes. It was approved for use in Japan in 2010. It is not available in many countries including the USA.  So I have no experience using it nor do I know how it can be obtained in the Philippines.  You would likely benefit from getting several other opinions about your problem including one from a specialist in cornea/refractive surgery. Also use the search feature and archives and read the many posts about dry eye treatment. The current "gold standard' for severe dry eyes is Restasis (cyclosporin) although it does not give "instant relief".  The newest eyedrop over the counter for dry eyes is "Retaine".  JCH MD
I had IOL surgery on October 2015.  I feel the lenses in my eye even though the doctor said I can't.  The sunlight and watching television at night is extremely painful.  My eye kids are swollen for a few hours after I wake up.  I never would have had this surgery of I knew this is how it would turn out.

C.Goschen
I am not familiar with diquafosol but I use a gel myself called style'n'clean cleansing gel that works really good. I works on both swelling and redness and has done wonders for me. Hope it can help you to.
=