Eye Care Community

Eye floaters and high myopia! Am I going blind?

Hello Doctor!
I recently saw an increase in my myopia which entered from the moderate level to high myopia level and after some days I saw a sudden appearance of floaters in my vision, although they were not many but still they triggered a visit to the retinal specialist for a detailed IDO and he said that my eyes are perfectly normal, also a few days prior to my retinal exam I also started noticing that I was seeing increased afterimages of things in contrasting backgrounds, my floaters from past four five weeks have appeared to be stable ( in the sense that they have not increased in number over a month) but during this period I have noticed that my sensitivity to afterimages and other entoptic phenomenon has significantly increased.. I know afterimages are considered to be benign but can you please tell that can increased sensitivity to afterimages be a symptom of an eye problem which may in future pose a problem to my vision or cause floaters or other regional problems.
I know you can not give personal diagnosis but it would be a great favor of yours if you could relate that have you ever got across a case involving afterimages and other retinal diseases which might have been indicated by the afterimages..
I am 18 years!