Eye Care Community

Eye strain and blurred near vision after retinal tear laser surgery

A retinal specialist found two tears in the periphery of my retina a week ago and performed laser surgery to repair the tears. He told me they were not too severe, but should be dealt with immediately. Afterward, I have not seen any new floaters or flashes, but have noticed increased eye strain and blurred vision while reading or looking at fine print in the operated eye?

Are these common side-effects of the operation and more importantly, are they temporary?

Any information would be appreciated.
Not related to the laser.

Dr. O.
Do you have any idea what may be causing these issues?

Thanks.
Hi, If you happen to read this. Could you please tell me whether your reading vision got better after a while. I had laser for retinal tears on both eyes and my right eye is very weak while reading now. I also see objects smaller with right eye. I am wondering if these after effects are temporary.