Eye Care Community

Eye surgery

I have a mono IOL in 2007. Dr. used the incorrect lens and I had to go for removal and reinsertion within 48 hours. The reading and long distance vision remained foggy with the glasses, till old fashion bifocal glasses (one with visible line) were prescribed by the 2nd Consultation after one year.
I moved and have a new group of Doctors, who is recommending the crystalens.  My doubt is how would I adjust with one eye with mono and other eye with multi focal lens? I wanted to talk to some of his patients who has crystalens only in one eye.but he doesn't have one.
Is there any one who can guide me here, with their experience with different kind of lenes in each eye?
I do have sevee Bilateral Blepharospasms, which is controlled by Botox, I do have dry eyes, I do ger frequent episodes of floaters (zigzag lights in my eyes). I do have difficulty seeing at night and my eyes are very sensitive to lights and computer and the cameras.
Can someone help?
Menka.
Most people are going to be MUCH better off chosing a monofocal IOL for the second eye especially if the first eye requires bifocal Glasses.

JCH MD
"I do have dry eyes, I do ger frequent episodes of floaters (zigzag lights in my eyes). I do have difficulty seeing at night and my eyes are very sensitive to lights and computer and the cameras. "  All of the above is even more reason not to go with Crystalnes.
-