Eye Care Community
22k Members

Eyelid Rash

I started getting a rash about 3-4 weeks ago on the corner of my left eyelid under my brow.  It's itchy, get's a bit red if i scratch it, and extermely flakey. It started as a small rash but became slightly bigger and spread to my other eye but it sits on top of the eye lid. And I have not changed a THING. Been playing basketball more often and sweating more on my forehead. I keep thinking it will go away but just seems to be holding its own.  No tearing, dry eye nothing.  Just this dry itchy patch on the crease of my eyelid towards the outside of my eye.  I've looked up online everything and nothing out there matches any of my symptoms.
Possibilities include atopic dermatitis (allergic problem) or ringworm.  Patchy, flaky rash on the eyelids that seems to spread slowly is characteristic of ringworm.  Only ringworm medication fixes a ringworm rash, so experimentation with antihistamine creams or steroid creams won't help.  If you play basketball at a recreation center and use communal shower facilities you could easily have contracted it there.  And some people just mysteriously get ringworm.

Before trying any home remedies, you should be evaluated by a dermatologist.  Since this is a skin problem on the eyelids rather than an eye problem, I think a dermatologist would be the most efficient place to start.