Eye Care Community

Eyes staying dialated

Hi My name is Janis, I recently was put on reglan and lexapro after takin only 1 lexapro and 3 reglan i experienced some bad side effects.It started with blurred vision and got worse in the matter of just a few hours.I stopped takin both pills.My dr said the side affects would ware off in 1-2 days but it has been 5 days and my pupils are staying dialated. It is becomeing painful and giving me bad headaches and pressure above my eyes.Im seeing gray and hazey. Is there anything i can do and will i get full use of my eyes back and when?Any advice would help at this moment.

Thanks janis
Call an ophthalmologist's answering service now and arrange to be seen tomorrow morning. If the pain is severe you may need to be checked. There is a small risk that in a predisposed eye that acute angle closure glaucoma could occur due to dilated pupils.

JCH MD
Thank you for a quick response.
-