Eye Care Forum

Flash in central vision

I'm 25 years old, very shortsighted (about -12 in both eyes) and have been seeing floaters for the past 2 years. I had two dilated eye examinations done by an ophthalmologist this year after I noticed that the number of floaters increased. The most recent one was about 12 days ago. Last night I woke up to use the bathroom and when I returned to my bed, close...
Obviously my answer is that you should be rechecked my the ophthalmolgist since flashes can signal a retinal tear or detachment.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.