Eye Care Community

Flashes in my eyes

I recently saw an optometrist in regards to flashes that had been occurring in my eyes, i believe for the past month. She dilated my pupils and did not see any concerns in my eyes but mentioned that it may continue to happen for another 3 months. I had been researching online and came to a conclusion that it may be posterior vitreous detachment?. I am in my mid 20's and worried although I had seen an optometrist and she reassured me that my eyes were fine. She mentioned there were no shadows in the photo that they took of my eyes after dilation which is what would be seen if someone had a retinal detachment. I am worried of going blind...if this were to occur would a more severe symptom occur such as gradual loss of vision rather than just the flashes in my eyes?.
Flashes of light in a PVD should not last 3 months. That is bad advice. See an ophthalmologist Eye MD for a special exam by a physician with a great deal more training and experience than your optom.  I would find the Eye MD through your family MD or friends and not a referral by your optom.