Eye Care Community

Flashes in the eye with retinal detachment

Hello, as I had retinal detachment in my right eye, I'm having silicone oil in my right eye, and after the third operation (second one was because of re-detachment, third was to remove silicon oil, but surgeon put the oil again) it's a little bit odd, when I move my head sideways, I see like a circle of flash (bigger circle), and in right corner of my vision there is a little lightning, that is shown every time I'm in front of very bright wall for example... oh and, when it get's dark, in the room with TV, I can see let's call it flashes that are like circles, but they are gone when I put the light on, during the day I don't see that...
The main problem is that I started to see that little lightning (on very bright things, walls) a few days ago, when it became sunny... so can this be normal or should I be worry, there is no change to vision for now?
I had the exam last week, and it was all good, except the little bit of blood that was inside from the last operation... could it changed that much in a week?
oh yes, and doc used some kind of machine to take a photo of the interior of the eye, he wanted to show me the blood in the eye that was there from the last operation (Fluorescein angiography maybe?) could that do the harm to the retina?

Thank you very much in advance, and kind regards from Croatia

Robert K.
Robert: only your surgeon can answer your question. Retinal detachments are so distinctly distinct that every one is slightly different.

You can use the search feature and archives to retrieve other postings about retinal detachment surgery.

JCH MD