Aa
A
A
A
Close
Eye Care Community
21.9k Members

Flashes in the eye with retinal detachment

Hello, as I had retinal detachment in my right eye, I'm having silicone oil in my right eye, and after the third operation (second one was because of re-detachment, third was to remove silicon oil, but surgeon put the oil again) it's a little bit odd, when I move my head sideways, I see like a circle of flash (bigger circle), and in right corner of my vision there is a little lightning, that is shown every time I'm in front of very bright wall for example... oh and, when it get's dark, in the room with TV, I can see let's call it flashes that are like circles, but they are gone when I put the light on, during the day I don't see that...
The main problem is that I started to see that little lightning (on very bright things, walls) a few days ago, when it became sunny... so can this be normal or should I be worry, there is no change to vision for now?
I had the exam last week, and it was all good, except the little bit of blood that was inside from the last operation... could it changed that much in a week?
oh yes, and doc used some kind of machine to take a photo of the interior of the eye, he wanted to show me the blood in the eye that was there from the last operation (Fluorescein angiography maybe?) could that do the harm to the retina?

Thank you very much in advance, and kind regards from Croatia

Robert K.
1 Responses
233488 tn?1310696703
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Robert: only your surgeon can answer your question. Retinal detachments are so distinctly distinct that every one is slightly different.

You can use the search feature and archives to retrieve other postings about retinal detachment surgery.

JCH MD
Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511758844
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.