Eye Care Forum

Folds in Choroid caused by Hypotony

I had a trabeculetomy in my left eye on Sept. 15th.  The doctor removed the first stitch with a laser - approximately one week after the operation.  One week later he removed a second stitch.   The day after he removed the second stitch I couldn't see out of the eye... everything was blurry.  I was told one of the side effects as the result of the operation was hypotony.  Apparently the hypotony from the operation has resulted in folds in choroid.  The doctor put a contact lense on my left eye but it has not helped to increase the pressure.   The pressure in my left eye varies between 4 - 7.  At this point I can not see out of the left eye... everything is blurry.  I have no sense of depth, my balance is very bad, and I have double vision.  Also My doctor wants to do surgery again... he wants to put a stitch back in the left eye.  Does anyone out there know how to cure the folds in choroid so I can see again?  I am very leary about surgery.  Is surgery my only option?   I appreciate all input.  Thanks
The best way to resolve the folds is to find a way to increase the pressure in the eye (think of it as the folds on a balloon when there is insufficient air inside).  When conservative methods are not effective, surgery is the next best step since the goal will be to add a suture to tighten the flap to decrease the rate of fluid exiting the eye and hence raising the pressure.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Eye whitening, iris color change, and eyeball "bling." Eye expert Dr. John Hagan warns of the dangers from these unnecessary surgeries.
Eye expert John Hagan, MD, FACS, FAAO discusses factors to consider and discuss with your eye care team before embarking on cataract surgery.
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
Protect against the leading cause of blindness in older adults
Got dry eyes? Eye drops aren't the only option! Ophthalmologist John C. Hagan III, MD explains other possible treatments.