Eye Care Community

Ghosting and irregular astigmatism

I had recently made a new pair of glasses and the op realised that I had a slight change in my axis of my astig.

In feb 16, the left eye's prescription was 450 degree for shortsightedness and 0.75 for cyl with axis of 15°. That glasses gave me slight ghosting images around all the lights I see but it wasn't too bad.

In oct 16, the left eye's prescrption was the same except that the axis was 180°. The ghosting generally disappeared but I started to see more severe ghosting below white lights. That is to say, in general, the ghostin images disappeared with the new lens but when i look at bright white lights, there are ghosting below them.

I went back to my op and did a test again and realised that the old lens gave better vision but it just doesn't make sense to me why is it so. The old lens has ghosting images on every lights but the new ones were better. Yet the new ones gave more severe ghosting under certain bright lights.

Do i have irregular astigmatism that's why my vision cannot be fully corrected by glasses? My VA with the lenses stand at 6/6-2 though!
It may have been 45 degrees but it could not be 450 degrees. Astig axis never greater than 180 degree. No way to tell if the problem is glasses, the refraction, or disease of the eye. You should probably start by seeing an ophthalmologist.