Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Glaucoma Suspect: Optic Cup Size ?

I've been a Glaucoma Suspect for 6yrs now and I have some questions regarding Optic Cup Size. For the past 6yrs my doctor said that my left eye cup was 0.5 and my right was 0.3, all test are good, no changes. This past exam, recently, he said all the test were again good, the OCT Scan had some errors but that he did his exam and found it to be good. When I asked what the cup size were, if there still the same he said that my left eye is just under 0.6 and my right was just under 0.4, I asked if that it went up because that's not what he said last year, he said there have been no changes and it's been just under 0.6 in my left eye and just under 0.4 in my right eye. I now feel deceived, lied to, shouldn't he have said this all along? How does the sizing go? can you be just under 0.6? Is this really close to 0.5? It has been 6yrs of hell, now just as I'm starting to feel less panicked about this, this revelation comes along. No glaucoma diagnosis has been made.  Should I be concerned, when I asked him he just said there is no changes. Thank you for your input, I am very confused on this cup sizing.
0 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community

Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Grand Prairie, TX
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.