Avatar universal

Hole in Corner of Eye

I have just recently noticed a small hole in the corner of my left eye (about the size of a pinhole), and was wondering if I should be worried about it? Is this normal, can I treat it somehow or will it go away by itself? It does not itch, it is not irritating and there is nothing coming out of it. I believe that the part of the eye that the hole is in is called the 'lacrimal caruncle.'

1 Responses
177275 tn?1511755244
The only normal "holes" in the eye are actually in the inner aspect of the upper and lower eyelid and are the holes that let tears enter the tear duct.

You would need an ophthalmologist or optometrist to look at what you're seeing to tell you what it is


You are reading content posted in the Eye Care Community

Top General Health Answerers
177275 tn?1511755244
Kansas City, MO
Avatar universal
Grand Prairie, TX
Avatar universal
San Diego, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.