Eye Care Community
22k Members

Hole in Corner of Eye

I have just recently noticed a small hole in the corner of my left eye (about the size of a pinhole), and was wondering if I should be worried about it? Is this normal, can I treat it somehow or will it go away by itself? It does not itch, it is not irritating and there is nothing coming out of it. I believe that the part of the eye that the hole is in is called the 'lacrimal caruncle.'

Thanks,
Aidan.
You appear to be exerting a considerable amount of tension on the inner aspect of the lower lid and pulling it towards the nose.  That appears to be the lower lid puncta that drains tears into the tear duct and then into the tear sac. You should have a similar "hole" on the upper lid in roughly the same position.

JCH MD