Eye Care Community

How long does Pred Forte drops usually take to treat Giant Papillary Conjuctivitis?

I have had a very swollen left eyelid for about a month now that droops very heavy and also swelling on my lower kid as well. I was diagnosed about two weeks ago and have been on Pred Forte drops since. How long does it usually take for them to work? Also, how often is it that the eyelid stays swollen?? I am worried it won’t go back to normal since it’s been so long.
First of all pred forte (PF) a strong steroid with many side effects if used for months on end (glaucoma, cataracts) is NOT the preferred treatment for GPC.  The RX is Opticrom (cromylin sodium)    and ceasing wearing contacts. It can take 6-12 months for the GPC to clear. Hopefully you are under the care of an eye MD.  If you were prescribed PF by optometrist I would see an Eye MD ophthalmologist ASAP.   Follow this link and read about GPC     https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1191641-treatment#d8