Eye Care Community

IOL + YAG = halos?

I have looked into this elsewhere but cannot seem to find a satisfactory explanation.

I had IOL surgery a few weeks ago, and everything looked good.  Had YAG laser treatment 3 days ago to treat the PCO, and since then I see rather beautiful halos around spots of bright light. Also, after having my pupil dilated, it doesn't appear to have come back to normal.

The difference the laser has made is phenomenal, and to be honest I 'm prepared to put up with the halos if they are a side-effect.  I know it has only been a few days, but a) will my pupils return to normal, and b) are these halos a common side-effect, or will they reduce themselves over time as my eye settles down?

Many thanks!
Worked this one out with my specialist.  Apparently in my case the halos were caused by minor inflammation, and the use of the steroidal eye drops increase the eye pressure slightly which also causes halos.  He prescribed drops to reduce the eye pressure, and within a couple of days the halos had totally disappeared.